Progress Report!Wednesday, May 30, 2012
My muslin for Simplicity 1803 is coming along better than I thought. I had a few issues understanding some of the instructions but nothing a
meltdown break couldn't fix. I've found the best thing to do when I'm having problems is to walk away and come back to it later. Eventually, even if it takes me reading the instructions twenty times, I will get it. I've cut out a size 12 and I'm thinking it may be a little too big. Especially in the chest area....
I tried it on and it seems to fit a little better than it looks on my dressform. It's as if my dressform is smaller than I am and I have no idea how that can be since I endured three torturing hours of being wrapped in duct tape. It should be my exact twin. I'm definitely going to have to shorten the waist area a bit. I didn't cut a petite size like I should have because well I'm in denial about being short. I like living in fantasy land where I'm tall and well endowed. This sort of behavior poses problems when it comes to correct sizing.
Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend!! Vito got to go for a car ride and it done tuckered him out!