Checking In!!Thursday, March 07, 2013
I've been MIA for awhile and thought I'd do a brief check in post. My internet has been down for the past week and the only way I've been able to get online is on my phone or through my mobile hotspot which totally drains all my data. So I'm hurriedly typing this as my data allowance ticks away. I'm totally behind at reading my blogs and I hate it because I'm missing out on all the great things you all are making!! I've been trying to catch up reading them in my spare time at work....ssshhhh.. And I'm really missing doing my Thriftin' Thursday posts. My thrift store stack has been neglected as I've been too busy with all the sew alongs I sign myself up for. I promise to get back to that soon!!
I've been working on a muslin for my Sew For Victory top and I no likey.
I made version C and I should have been able to tell by the picture that the neckline is WAY high and would be choking me...
So yeah, nice pic I know. I went back and cut the neckline lower. In doing so I lost 2 buttons, no big deal, at least I can move my head now without choking myself.
I have a problem with the back of the shirt, there's too much fabric and it's all poofy...
I'm not sure how to fix it. The back has two tucks on each side as well as the front. Do I need to make my tucks wider or move them??
I'm pretty much over this shirt for now. It's in a wad where it will probably lay for a while. My original plan for Sew For Victory was to make these pants in red and the above shirt in this blue pinstripe fabric. So since this shirt was a fail I thought about using Gertie's pattern for the Portrait Blouse but redoing the neckline of it to match the above shirt style with the button detail. Well then I went to Joann's today and Butterick patterns were 5 for $5. So of course I couldn't not buy anything and I found this really cute 40's style dress...
Sooo change of plans again?!? My brain is so scrambled and all over the place! I've got an anniversary dinner to go to in April to celebrate my Grandparents' 70TH (wowza!) wedding anniversary. I really want to make a dress for it and version B is the cutest! So why not kill two birds with one stone and make this for the sew along and the anniversary dinner?!?! (I really hate that saying btw, I would never kill any bird under any circumstance (in literal terms)). OK well now that we've cleared that up and your brains are scrambled as well...
I wanted to thank Sally at The Quirky Peach for giving me the Liebster Blog Award. Go check out her blog, she's just the cutest! She had 11 questions for me and I want to take the time to answer and hopefully amuse you all.
1. What is your favorite thing you have ever sewn? That's a toughie but probably my pj's because
in a perfect world I would never ever take them off.
2. Do you tend to sew more for yourself or others? Myself fo' sho
3. What is one thing you love about where you live? Country life is my kind of living. There is
always some type of wildlife scurrying around. I open my back door to either be greeted by a
frolicking deer or sprayed in the face by Pepe' Le Pew. (and that really happened to Vito btw, poor
4. Do you listen to music while you sew? If so, what kind? Can't sew without the tunes. Recently
I've been listening to a lot of The Alabama Shakes (that gal can sang!), Jack White, Elton John,
Jerry Reed, Outkast...a little of every genre.
5. What is your dream project to sew? Something designed totally by me.
6. When did you start sewing? Almost 3 years ago.
7. What is your favorite kind of fabric to sew with? Cotton or knits
8. What do you do if you get in a sewing funk? I just go to my sewing room, sit and look around. It's
like an intoxicating scent, it eventually gets me in the mood.
9. If you could be any fictional character (movie, book, etc) who would it be? Wonder Woman
10. What is always at the top of your grocery list? Only the most important things - toilet paper, dog
treats and bread
11. Who is your biggest fan? Probably my mommy :)